The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely but needs to be located in the Eastern time zone to support clients and offshore work with vendors.
As part of the Fundraising & Marketing Technology group, the IT Business Analyst will develop and maintain requirements and documentation for a complex ecosystem comprised of multiple platforms and integrations involved in the gift management process. The business analyst will elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage business needs of all stakeholders, including IT partners and end users.
The IT Business Analyst needs to easily assimilate the flow, transformation, and use of data in multiple components of an ecosystem as information is sourced, loaded, blended with other information and surfaced to customers in support of business goals and processes.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and the ability to foster strong relationships with business customers. Ideally, the candidate must also be able to quickly ingest information to understand the flow of donations through multiple systems involved in the E2E donation and gift management process.
The IT Business Analyst will report to the Sr. Director of IT Business Engagement.
* Understand business needs, existing IT solutions and integration points.
* Understand upstream and downstream data flows to connect requirements to overall ecosystem.
* Cultivate a good working relationship with stakeholders, internal IT teams and external suppliers.
* Analyze current system architecture and environments and existing SOPs.
* Interview IT teams to understand current design, system activities and challenges.
* Conduct focus groups and discussions to gather requirements.
* Develop and manage detailed functional and nonfunctional requirements.
* Develop and manage detailed data flow and system integration requirements.
* Facilitate requirements prioritization, often using strong persuasion skills when negotiating with business teams.
* Collaborate to determine success / acceptance criteria.
* Work with business partners to support user acceptance testing (UAT) in identifying success / acceptance criteria and helping to define ways to test scenarios.
* Participate in solution architecture / design discussions and confirm alignment with requirements.
* Serve as a resource to project managers as needed.
* 4-year degree in Business Management, Engineering, Information Technology, related field or equivalent years of experience required.
* 5+ years of professional experience acting as Business Analyst with expertise in documenting requirements for system integrations and data integrations for large business systems and applications.
* Some experience in Project Management, Service Delivery or Customer Service Management is preferred.
* Independent and self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to collaborate and engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels to achieve planned objectives.
* Ability to understand basic SQL queries.
* Ability to manage requirements for multiple projects concurrently.
* Ability to prepare and present information and requirements clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to display tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
* Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems and work independently.
* Good understanding of IT project management principles is required.
* Experience in agile principles a plus.
* Ability to work with offshore/onshore development models.
* Experience with various project management and collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Teams, Slack).
* Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team and comfortable working remote as required.
IND123Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights