We are currently seeking a part time (20 Hour) Distribution Courier in Douglasville, GA!
Schedule: Sunday through Thursday from 8:00AM to 12:00PM
Provide for the delivery and return of blood products and materials to internal and external customers.Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
1. Operate vehicle for the delivery of blood products and materials. Operate vehicle safely and within traffic laws. May require driving in inclement weather conditions.
2. Prepare for deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers.
3. Document temporary storage and transportation of blood, blood products and materials as required by internal and external regulatory requirements.
4. Perform routine checks of product storage temperatures and maintenance of temperature controlled units at off-site storage locations.
5. Provide customer service by giving basic information and interacting in a positive proactive manner with hospital employees.
6. Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
High School diploma or equivalent required. No minimum work experience required. Previous experience with a messenger service or trucking company desired. Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record. Legible penmanship and ability to read and write at high school level is required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Ability to sit for long periods of time while driving routes. May load or unload trucks and lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. Must be able to drive throughout the region. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights