ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development
Due to continued growth, our Utility and Industrial is seeking a 3D Structural Senior Designer to join the ENERCON Team based in our Tampa, FL office or for the right level individual this person could be remote.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Prepare accurate layout and detail drawings of parts, assemblies, and related items on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Work independently of engineers but confer with engineers and other designers for design concept interpretation. Support engineers with any changes to drawings.
- Prepare structural specific design drawings for clients.
- Perform walkdowns at client facilites and generate walkdown reports.
- Understand and follow all organizational, area/departmental, and client procedures, safety policies, and directives.
- Conduct self-checks of created drawings, sketches, and related data to proactively identify factors that may negatively affect final product.
- May review the work of other designers/drafters and provide mentoring and leadership
- Meet applied time goals set for position/discipline.
Required Qualifications / skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related field with minimum 4 years of design experience or Associates Degree in related field with minimum 8 years of design experience
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs
- Ability to utilize 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Advanced knowledge in the practices of an engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of codes, standards, criteria, and design execution pertinent to various aspects of design.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Experience using ReCap Pro 360 and Faro As-Built software is a plus. If not, candidate needs to have a willingness and motivation to be trained.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at client facilities
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |