ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and technology-related industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, our Chief Engineering group is seeking a Senior Fire Protection Engineer for our Kennesaw office is preferred, but other Enercon office locations or remote will be considered for the right candidate. This position can be Full Time, PT, or LTLB.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Provide technical expertise and design criteria in fire protection engineering.
- Determine applicability of NFPA Code Requirements to specific plant configurations and regulatory commitments.
- Provide technical guidance to project teams concerning NFPA code requirements and operational considerations.
- Perform work requiring the application of basic technical principles, theories, standards, and concepts. This will include reading and understanding design drawings and technical specifications as necessary to support preparation of project deliverables, such as calculations, specifications, and engineering evaluations.
- Work with a team of electrical, mechanical, and civil engineers on projects that require a multi-discipline approach.
- The overall goal is client satisfaction and assisting in the growth in the fire protection services sector of ENERCON. Experience in performing fire hazards analyses, fire protection engineering evaluations, and NFPA Code Compliance Calculations is a plus.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings, and data prepared by other engineers or subcontractors.
- Prepare design studies, project scopes, and engineering estimates.
- Willing to travel and participate in field installation, checkout, and start-up.
Required Qualifications / skills
- BS degree in Fire Protection engineering or engineering degree with significant experience in fire protection engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of fire protection engineering experience.
- Experience in Data Centers and/or Battery Electric Storage Systems is a plus.
- Professional Engineer License, preferably in Fire Protection
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, and working knowledge of hydraulic programs such as HASS
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Must be able to traverse client sites to conduct walkdowns.
- Must be able to travel between 20 - 25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Fire modeling experience
- Detection and Suppression System Design Experience
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client-specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |