ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development
Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Services Group is seeking a Digital Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer / Specialist for our Kennesaw, GA, FT Worth, TX, Chattanooga, TN, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Baton Rouge, LA, Idaho Falls, ID, Birmingham, AL or Naperville, IL locations.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership and support to grow our consulting services business, specializing in the engineering design, implementation, testing, and commissioning of modern computer-based instrumentation and control (I&C) systems. This position can be PT, FT, or LTLB.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Prepare Engineering Change Packages (ECP) to replace/upgrade obsolete analog-based I&C systems with modern computer-based I&C systems and components.
- ECP preparation includes: develop/revise associated documentation (e.g., specifications, system descriptions, cabinet/panel layout diagrams, wiring/cable termination diagrams, bill of materials (BOM), part lists, vendor instruction manuals, operations manuals, etc.).
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis (e.g., Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Qualitative Assessments (evaluate reliability of computer-based systems), response time analysis, instrument setpoint and uncertainty calculations, instrument drift analysis, etc.).
- Develop specifications and functional requirements for procurement of computer-based I&C systems.
- Perform review of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) digital platform hardware and software technical documentation for specified applications.
- Provide estimates to Project Management to support budget and schedule development.
- Participate in project meetings, working interactively with colleagues and clients to develop strong relationships.
- Plan and implement the timely execution of assigned engineering activities.
- Become proficient in the application and use of the regulatory requirements, industry codes, and standards that are unique to digital I&C systems.
Required Qualifications / skills
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering (BSCSE), or related field in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of I&C engineering experience, with significant experience with computer-based platforms.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience in the design, installation, and testing of large scale (complete systems) digital control and computer monitoring system upgrades. Types of upgrades include replacement of Turbine/Generator Control Systems with DCS platforms, process computer, and cybersecurity systems.
- Direct involvement in the entire digital upgrade life cycle including feasibility studies, procurement specifications, design change packages, FAT/SAT test procedure development, installation, and testing.
- Working knowledge of the application of current regulatory and industry digital upgrade standards.
- Knowledge of digital hardware and software components commonly used in digital I&C system platforms, such as: Central Processing Units (CPUs), Input/Output (I/O) modules, fiberoptic modules, network interface modules, switch/router modules, servers, and Human System Interface (HSI) equipment such as thin client workstations, touch screen displays, and their applications in digital I&C systems.
- An aptitude for technical problem solving, strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication, experience working in a team environment, and a client service focus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while working effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
- Proficient with the use of MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Required to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel length may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few weeks to several months at a time.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Experience upgrading analog systems to digital systems.Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), including components and platforms based on microprocessor, Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLD), or similar embedded digital device (EDD) technologies is desirable.
- Knowledge of computer system internal components (i.e., CPUs, microcontrollers, memory management, networking, touchscreen VDU, embedded digital system/software architectures, watchdog timers) is desirable.
- Knowledge of graphical algorithmic programming languages (e.g., function block diagrams, ladder logic diagrams) commonly used in DCS and PLC I&C platforms is desirable.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |