ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development
Due to continued growth, Enercon Federal Services is seeking a Full-time Structural Engineer Supervisor / Civil Engineer Supervisor for our Kennesaw, GA, Baton Rouge, LA, Fort Worth, TX, Kennewick, WA or Aiken, SC office.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Products/Deliverables - Serve as the focal point for initial Engineering Unit contact to Management, PMs, and other internal constituents. Direct/assign work to the Engineering Unit to balance activities between workgroups. Maintains responsibility for the Engineering Unit's quality; establishes and enforces quality standards for the Engineering Unit through the Lead Engineers. Working with Project Managers accepts Engineering Unit's responsibility of budget and schedule for assigned projects. Assigns Engineering Unit's Responsible Engineer (RE) Responsible for the approval of engineering documents produced by the Engineering Unit. Certifying design documents as required by state and local client and code requirements.
- Business Development - Lead proposal preparation with input for scope and budget to PMs. Develop professional relationships with client counterparts. Assist in marketing the Engineering Unit's expertise/abilities to clients.
- Leadership and Staff Development - Identify and promote opportunities for site work. Identify and promote training opportunities (e.g. owner's groups, manufacturers, professional society). Utilize the review/approval process of deliverables as technical training opportunity for staff. Provide timely and appropriate performance feedback and coaching. Promote professional development (e.g. professional license, certifications, and client qualifications). Support company policies and procedures. Demonstrate technical leadership, providing resolution to technical issues either through own knowledge or by coordination with Subject Matter Expert. Support the Client Engineering Manager in maintaining, updating, and executing Continuous Improvement Plans.
- Organizational Support - Responsible for the assignment of engineering resources to projects through the Lead Engineers. Maintain short and long-range staffing projections based on work projections. Approve timesheets and expense reports of Lead Engineers and other direct reports. Conduct Engineering Unit's annual performance appraisals. Support management in recruiting new employees.
Required Qualifications / skills
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university and 10 years of Civil Engineering experience with a focus on steel and concrete structural design.
- 2+ Years of experience leading employees
- Licensed Professional Engineer (or proof of near term plan to obtain)
- Required to travel up to 20 - 25% of the time to client sites (expected to travel at least one time per month) for project and/or marketing meetings. Activities at client sites may require pre-job briefs and walkdowns at the site, including occasional climbing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; Comfortable and effective communicator with team, clients, management, etc., choosing the right mode of communication for the situation and relaying the right message.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Strong coordination and team-building skills; demonstrated ability to work across disciplines, divisions, and teams. Ability to assess and understand team strengths and weaknesses and adjust level of support/oversight as appropriate.
- Ability to motivate team and achieve goals through positive, winning attitude and effective leadership style which is consistent with ENERCON's Defining Excellence fundamentals
- Problem-solving and general scientific evaluation skills.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client-specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access to nuclear facilities.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |