ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and technology-related industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, our Enercon Federal Services group is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineering Lead in our Kennesaw, GA (HQ), Baton Rouge, LA, Fort Worth, TX, or Kennewick, WA locations.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Understand roles played by other disciplines on the project and is able to coordinate and interface with other engineering disciplines.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings, and data prepared by other engineers or subcontractors.
- Prepare design studies, project scopes, and engineering estimates.
- Manage budget, scope, schedule, and quality associated with the designated work assignment with minimal guidance and technical oversight.
- Prepare calculations/specifications and can evaluate technical bids
- Devise new approaches to technical problems. Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
- Make recommendations based on knowledge and experience.
- Assign tasks, mentor, and coach junior-level employees.
- Travel and participate in client meetings, field installation, checkout, and start-up.
- Direct and oversee routine and advanced technical work performed by others on assigned projects and maintains quality standards of all assigned projects.
- Approve timesheets and expense reports for direct reports and participate in annual performance reviews.
Required Qualifications / skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 8 years of Civil/Structural Engineering experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain PE License in one or more states.
- Experience in electrical codes, standards, and criteria for power systems.
- Directs and oversees routine and advanced technical work performed by others on assigned projects and maintains quality standards of all assigned projects
- Excellent verbal communication skills; Comfortable and effective communicator with team, clients, management, etc., choosing the right mode of communication for the situation and relaying the right message.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at client sites.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Strong coordination and team-building skills; demonstrated ability to work across disciplines, divisions, and teams. Ability to assess and understand team strengths and weaknesses and adjust level of support/oversight as appropriate.
- Ability to motivate team and achieve goals through positive, winning attitude and effective leadership style which is consistent with ENERCON's Defining Excellence fundamentals.
- Problem-solving and general scientific evaluation skills.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- 2+ Years of experience leading projects with multiple contributors
- Currently, hold EIT or PE license in one or more states.
- Experience working in a Department of Energy facilities or Nuclear Power Plant environment familiarity with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) governing codes.
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Position may involve a client site assignment lasting several months at a time.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client-specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |