ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and technology-related industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Services Group is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Kennesaw, GA (HQ), FT Worth, TX, Baton Rouge, LA, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Chattanooga, TN, Idaho Falls, ID, Birmingham, AL, or Naperville, IL or remote locations. This role can be PT, FT, or LTLB.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Prepare error-free engineering documents (e.g., drawings, sketches, instructions, inputs, calculations, analyses, evaluations) according to and bounded by industry codes, standards, and regulations to support client engineering needs.
- Generate engineering related documents in accordance with client, ENERCON, and regulatory requirements, adhering to client and ENERCON procedures, processes, specifications, and other company or project directives.
- Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge of industry codes and standards, safety culture, and design techniques suitable to the nuclear industry.
- Provide peer and technical reviews of engineering designs and engineering related documentation produced by others.
- Produce high quality engineering deliverables in accordance with client and ENERCON Quality Assurance (QA) Programs that are consistent with project work scopes and client expectations.
- Build strong relationships with clients through professional interactions and communications, and through the development of quality engineering products.
- Consult with other disciplines to ensure designs are compatible with and have considered all disciplinary requirements.
- Travel to plant sites to interface with client personnel, and to perform walk downs of plant structures, systems, and components related to the project work.
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget.
- Serve as the Responsible Engineer (RE) and/or Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) on projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications/ skills:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 10+ years of prior experience in the design of mechanical systems
- Must have experience supporting modifications of Nuclear Power Plants
- Thermal-hydraulic and design modification experienced desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of mechanical calculations
- Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards pertaining to the power industry a plus
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
Preferred Qualifications/ skills:
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship
This job posting is subject to change at any time
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |