ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, our Power Delivery group is seeking Distribution Technical Specialists at our Tampa, FL locations.
This is a unique and challenging opportunity for individuals to work on modernizing the electrical grids in Florida. The grids are over 60 years old and need to be updated and modernized to incorporate automation to ensure high reliability as well as support the new demands of renewables, storage, electric vehicle charging and growth.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Identifying and resolving problems.
- Creating design products to comply with client, industry, and regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing completed designs and design products to ensure quality and consistency with client, industry, and regulatory requirements.
Required Qualifications / skills
- Degree in related field or Associates Degree in applicable field and 4 years experience OR appropriate industry-recognized licenses or certifications indicating achievement in field of specialty and 2 years of applicable experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and operate client provided programs and systems.
- Ability to apply client, industry, and regulatory standards and requirements to existing distribution system components.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal, client, and regulatory counterparts.
- Ability to maintain production in a changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 15 - 25% of the time to client sites (expected to travel at least one time per month) for project and/or marketing meetings.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Prior internship/shadowing/other experience in power distribution or related power delivery work is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of NESC and other applicable codes and standards is preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client-specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Transcript needed for anyone under 1 year of experience post-graduation
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |