ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Service Group is seeking a Part-time, Full time or LTLB Structural Engineer / Civil Engineer for our Kennesaw, GA, FT Worth, TX, Chattanooga, TN, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Baton Rouge, LA, Idaho Falls, ID, Birmingham, AL, Overland Park, KS or Naperville, IL, Homestead, FL, Jensen Beach, FL, and Seabrook, NH or remote location. This is a challenging opportunity to analyze, troubleshoot and solve various complex civil and/or structural engineering issues in the power industry. The individual selected for this position will remain focus on the economy, safety, reliability, quality, operability, and maintainability of the engineering being provided.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Design and analysis of changes to existing power plants as well as new plant systems.
- Develop Equipment mounting, foundation design, and pipe support calculations and designs.
- Support of engineering design and analysis projects for the power industry
- Perform work requiring the application of basic technical principles, theories, standards, and concepts. This will include reading and understanding design drawings and technical specifications as necessary to support preparation of project deliverables, such as calculations, specifications, and engineering evaluations
- Perform reviews, assemble and prepare design modification packages
- Develop specifications of structural components
- Perform site walk-downs to identify design solutions and develop cost-effective problem resolutions
- Perform static equivalent and dynamic analysis of structures for seismic loads
- Gain familiarity with and application of industry codes and government regulations
- Design of pipe supports, structures, etc.
- Interface with other staff engineers as well as engineers working out of our offices
Required Qualifications / skills
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 4 years of power system design experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of structural calculations is desired
- Knowledge of discipline-specific computer analysis codes as well as standard office production software
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Familiar with the International Building code and building code design
- Good writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
- Familiar with concrete and steel design codes and with working stress and ultimate strength design approaches
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- PE or SE License desired
- Experience and/or field experience working under an NQA-1 or ISO9001 Program.
- MicroStation experience
- Understand Seismic Qualification of equipment
- Ability to be badged at a nuclear power plant
- Ability to gain and maintain L or Q clearance
- Experience working on government projects with DoE or DoD
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client-specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |