Regional Sales Director - Atlanta
Role Summary / Purpose
The Regional Director has overall responsibility for ensuring the development and successful delivery of CoStar's growth objectives for the business in markets. The RD spans all product lines for information services (CoStar, CMA/PPR, LoopNet). This person will be responsible for growing and developing the region's revenues by selling new subscriptions to new customers, growing existing customer revenues by up/crossing selling additional/other CoStar services and ensuring high levels of customer service and high renewal rates.
The RD will manage all Info sales reps in their team who are focused on growing new & existing customer business, driving product usage/adoption, preventing reversals, managing accounts and providing outstanding customer service. Team members include Sales Executives and Client Relationship Managers. The RD will also provide support to Land & Farm sales personnel in their market.
- Grow regional/team revenues, meet and exceed annual sales growth targets.
- Attract, hire, develop, motivate and develop high impact sales people capable of meeting/exceeding sales quota.
- Spend 3-4 days per week in the field on sales calls with their sales people and provide coaching and training as necessary to enhance their sales effectiveness by meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Manage the identification, prioritization and winning of new client relationships as well as the retention and growth of our current clients. Get to know all of the major accounts in the market.
- Monitor sales performance and hold sales people accountable to the required level of sales activity and client relationships to ensure the achievement of business performance targets and standards.
- Active management of team member's weekly activities is essential including weekly attendance to the Monday Morning Sales Meeting, weekly CoStar office attendance and prompt use of Enterprise/GoSell CRM systems which captures sales activities, sales pipelines and account assignments.
- Establish individual and team performance targets that align with overall business goals. Monitor performance and take action, as necessary, to ensure timely resolution of performance issues and personnel changes required to ensure targets are achieved.
- Develop and mentor all team members.
- Meet management deadlines.
- Ensure CoStar culture and values are adopted my team members
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- At least 5+ years of progressive experience in a front line sales leadership role. At least 5 years of experience directly managing 6-12 account executives/sales staff, including the ability to attract, hire, train and develop a high performing sales team. Demonstrated ability to retain proven sales producers and remove non-producers.
- Experience being responsible for a book of business in excess of $3 million in annual revenue.
- Demonstrated track record of rapidly growing a sales territory or market through organic growth via a combination of new client acquisition and existing account growth and consistently exceeding sales performance targets over multiple years.
- Experience managing sales efforts in a highly transactional, consultative sales oriented, fast-paced organization with a short cycle-time sales model.
- A demonstrated ability to build long-term and sustainable relationships and business partnerships with clients at all levels.
- Effective internal relationship building skills (superiors, peers, teams, company-wide) and externally (sales channels, customers, etc.).
- Preferred industries include: commercial real estate, information services, financial services, Software & SAAS sales
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.