Our Shop Service Technician I is responsible for general shop work including but not limited to, washing equipment, parts pick up/delivery, shop clean up, and maintenance. The person will also have the opportunity to learn about and work on various types of surface rental equipment which may include some field work.
- Washing and maintenance of shop equipment.
- To Track all equipment going to and from remote client sites.
- Completing startup orders for equipment.
- Keeping track of all equipment that is shipped to each client location.
- Examine and repair, as needed, all rental equipment upon arrival to the branch office, and label them appropriately (Red = requires R&M, Green = ready for shipment).
- Shipping/receiving of all surface rental equipment to client worksites as requested.
- Ordering parts needed to repair required equipment.
- Working with Branch Manager in obtaining best prices for all equipment.
- Obtaining ePO for each and every item ordered whether it is equipment or parts.
- Ensure shop and yards are in compliance with all Clean Harbors Health & Safety Policies, Procedures and Standards as well as actively participating in our safe work culture.
- Wear all appropriate Proper Protective Equipment (Steel Toed Shoes, Hard Hat and Safety Glasses (as required).
- Delivery and pick-up equipment parts from various locations around the branch office.
- Daily completion of the Shop Cleaning Checklist to ensure the shop remains clean and tidy at all times.
- Repair and maintain various types of surface rental equipment as required.
- Completing daily equipment reports.
- Conduct yard inventory (including checklists and reports).
- Ensure all equipment is in good working condition before sending out to client sites.
- Record and track all damages - facilitate and coordinate repairs in coordination with the Branch Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- 1+ years previous work experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean 3 year MVR
- Must provide own tools
- Loader/Forklift experience is an asset
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and adapt to change quickly.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships.
- Flexible and motivated and able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment and respond to change quickly.
- Ability to go into field as required.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Competitive annual salary (CBPP Competency Based Pay Program)
• Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
• Health, Dental and Life Insurance
• 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
• Company paid certifications, licenses and training
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.