Seeking Certified Pharmacy Technicians to work in a mail order facility in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Our facility is a closed office facility that fully complies with all federal safety standards and CDC guidelines for preventing COVID.
Our pharmacy technicians do not perform retail duties and work a set schedule Monday - Friday.
No nights, weekends or holidays!
$18.50/hour plus full company paid benefits (see below)
Pharmacy Technician typical duties will entail:
- Read and interpret prescriptions for completeness. Identify missing pertinent information and correspond with providers for clarification.
- Screen providers for eligibility by utilizing the Office of Inspector General website.
- Enter correct drug, strength, dosage form, and quantity into the patient’s medication profile. The prescription entry will be verified by a pharmacist.
- Utilize pharmacy information systems to identify basic therapeutic problems such as duplicate therapy with drugs in the same drug class and alerts the pharmacist to the possible need for clinical intervention.
- Provide telephonic patient education through the telephone liaison program on Meds by Mail topics such as the requesting refill process, medications available through the Meds by Mail program, and relaying judgmental questions to the pharmacist.
- Resolve routine administrative questions and problems, referring difficult problems to a pharmacist.
- Report medication close calls/errors through appropriate channels.
- Maintain training documentation for Meds by Mail functions in TMS.
- Document all correspondence with providers and patients in patient record system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to pharmacy techs, such as but limited to, receiving and screening new and refill prescription requests.