We are looking for interns interested in state, local, federal, and international taxation. As an Intern you will work side by side with subject matter experts in a team-based environment to identify tax savings opportunities for Fortune 500 and 1,000 clients. Interns will receive training and development to become the most seasoned state, local, federal, and international tax professionals in the industry.
* Duration: June 6th - August 10th (9 week paid program)
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide exceptional client service to multi-state companies by to identify tax savings opportunities
* Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies, which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and at appeal meetings, and preparing protests
* Research and draft technical memoranda regarding state and local tax questions or issues
* Respond to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities
* Review documentation and research issues
* Work with raw data to complete detailed calculations
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in: Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, or Economics
* Anticipated graduation date of August 2019 - August 2020
* Minimum Overall and Major GPA of 3.0
* Minimum of 6-12 Accounting Hours depending on practice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required.
Professional Skills Requirements:
* Work effectively in a fast pace, high-energy environment.
* Strong problem solving, attention to detail, and communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
* Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and etc.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability