This position is in anticipation of a vacancy award.
DLH Corporation serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company's core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH’s portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
Seeking a Scientific Advisor to maintain and identify opportunities for expanding the Defense Veterans Brain Injury Center’s (DVBIC) extensive clinical and translations research portfolio, along with streamlining and improving research processes. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintain multiple ongoing projects, organizing and maintaining up-to-date portfolios for prompt status updates.
- Serve as the subject knowledge expert of TBI and related issues (psychological health, epilepsy/seizure, cognitive functioning, etc.)
- Provide quick evaluation of new research presented for consideration.
- Oversees and maintains visibility on broad range of ongoing clinical and translational research projects.
- Work with the Office of Human Research Protection and other key members of the Division of Research to identify and eliminate problems and barriers to the research process.
- Maintain visibility on broad array of military and civilian Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) research and related issues.
- Work with military, federal, civilian partners to analyze research gaps in TBI research to identify new research areas and projects.
- Identify and communicate to DVBIC network researcher’s new opportunities in TBI research.
- Coordinate interaction and communications between research sites to better facilitate idea generation and mentoring within network, including regular meetings.
- May encounter patients who are confused, agitated, or abusive.
- PhD. degree in Neuroscience or a related field required
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in TBI research required
- Knowledge of the principles and theoretical concepts of brain injury pathophysiology, clinical effects and treatment and general research knowledge required.
- Ability to develop and implement scientifically sound research protocols required.
- Must be able to effectively author professional, peer reviewed journal articles, manuscripts, research grant applications, posters, and research reports
- Ability to select and apply statistical techniques appropriate to the brain injury research protocols) under development and/or application is required.
- Knowledge of the administrative processes appropriate to the above assignments is required.
- Must have excellent inter-personal and communication skills, able to develop and interact with network of researchers for sharing new research developments, identify opportunities and generate new ideas
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be available to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.