DLH Corporation serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company's core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH’s portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
Seeking a Clinical Consultant to serve as SME for mild, moderate, severe, and penetrating Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in support of the Defense Veteran Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) in Silver Spring, MD. The Clinical Consultant will review existing evidence and ongoing studies regarding neurocognitive evaluations in civilian and military populations, make valid recommendations, identify gaps in evidence, and provide reports and presentations in providing excellent clinical assessments of cognitive functioning to service members. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide assistance and expertise on issues related to TBI clinical care and standards of care options for patients.
- Collaborate with and receive direction from DVBIC leadership, DCoE, DoD health care policy offices, and other subject matter experts to assist in enhancing metrics for program evaluation.
- Contribute to the formulation of standards of care, clinical practice guidelines, policies, procedures, and other directives for clinical services.
- Provide input for development of training platforms/tools. When appropriate, provide direct training.
- Support DVBIC researchers in their TBI cognitive research as an SME for cognitive testing and cognitive testing tools.
- May directly collaborate in DVBIC/DoD research projects.
- Attend and participate in scholarly, academic, and scientific meetings related to TBI cognitive function.
- MD or PhD with specialty training in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Clinical Neuropsychology or Clinical Psychology required
- Current MD, Psychology, or Neuropsychology state license, and Board Certification preferred.
- Five to ten (5-10) years’ experience in the area of healthcare and/or healthcare research required
- Knowledge of TBI and statistics, and neuropsychological testing required
- Experienced SME, published in peer review publications and/or presentations at professional meetings. Knowledge of DoD and VA health care systems strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications required.
- Must have strong collaborative and organizational skills.
- Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to travel locally, regionally, and nationally
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.