This position is in anticipation of a vacancy award.
DLH Corporation serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company's core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH’s portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
Seeking a Neurologist to diagnose and treat diseases and disorders of the nervous system, and manage neurological services at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Responsibilities will include:
- Examine, diagnose and treat neurological diseases and disorders. Determine the need for clinical laboratory tests, and interpret examination findings and tests results.
- Prepare and review cases histories and obtain data through interviews.
- Formulate plans and procedures for neurological services.
- Schedule use of diagnostic and treatment facilities and assign nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and other medical assets.
- Advise on kind and quantity of neurological supplies.
- Coordinates neurological services with other medical activities.
- Provide consultation to team members, clients, and resident families.
- Maintain documentation consistent with program standards.
- May encounter patients who are confused, agitated, or abusive.
- Current and unrestricted license to practice neurology
- Minimum of 5-10 years practicing as a neurologist required.
- Minimum of 5 years of TBI experience preferred.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Must have completed four years of premed education followed by four years of study in medical school and 3-4 years of internship in neurology.
- Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet MTF specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing as a psychologist.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to practice independently.
- Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Must be a US Citizen
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status