This position is in anticipation of a vacancy award.
DLH Corporation serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company's core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH’s portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
Seeking a Neuropsychologist to provide expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to research on traumatic brain injury (TBI). The Neuropsycohologist will work in collaboration with other staff to design, conduct and report on research with military Service Members and veterans who have sustained TBI. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to research on traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Plan, implement and report results of studies on behavioral and cognitive correlates to Service Members with traumatic brain injury.
- Attend research meetings, proposes/guides research initiatives, and supports joint research efforts with allied professions.
- Coordinate with principal and co-investigators regarding technical and/or clinical problems affecting research efforts.
- Prepare research protocols and interacts with Clinical Investigation Facilities (CIF) and Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
- Coordinate with the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Regulatory Affairs department for second-level reviews.
- May encounter patients who are confused, agitated, or abusive.
- PhD. degree in Psychology or a related field and have completed a postdoctoral fellowship including clinical experience in neuropsychological assessment/consultation
- Must have a current and unrestricted license to practice. Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience with administration and interpretation of various neuropsychologist tests
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and theoretical concepts of brain injury pathophysiology, clinical effects and treatment required.
- General research knowledge with the ability to develop and implement scientifically sound research protocols required.
- Ability to effectively author professional, peer reviewed journal articles, manuscripts, research grant applications, posters, and research reports required.
- Ability to select and apply statistical techniques appropriate to the brain injury research protocols) under development and/or application is required.
- Knowledge of the administrative processes appropriate to the position required.
- Ability to administer and score neuropsychological (cognitive performance) testing is required
- Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be available to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.