Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Sales Accelerator in our High Purity Water and Process Services group.If you area passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in closing sales, selling upgrades and lead generation, weinvite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits.
You will be primarily responsible for selling pre-treatment water systems and associated services from leads generated through the Nalco Water Divisions. Nalco Water has a broad customer base across the power, manufacturing, paper, institutional, primary metals and chemical industries. You will provide pre-treatment equipment application and expertise to the customer expanding sales within the Nalco District.
- Responsible for generating appointments with both Nalco Water and Non-Nalco Water customers and prospects
- Develop a sales pyramid in CRM, lead follow-up and proposal generation for the sale of Capital, pretreatment equipment, mobile, Service Contracts and Expendables
- Close sales by generating and executing sales plans in assigned territory
- Work closely with current and prospective customers to maintain and grow sales within assigned territory
- Evaluate all revenue generating opportunities within a customer or prospect and make proposals as appropriate
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels
- Creating and reaching customer agreement on value propositions that focus on our competitive advantage derived from our broad product portfolio
- Provide effective technical recommendations to resolve operational issues and generate reports documenting the value of our equipment & services
- Meet sales targets by meeting or exceeding key metrics for revenue, account retention & profitability
- This position can be based in Los Angeles, CA
- Territory covers about a 300 mile radius of the surrounding area
- 8 nights of overnight travel required per month
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of selling high purity water purification equipment & services (reverse osmosis technology, demineralizers, water softeners, UV systems, filters, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of water systems
- Must have a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering field
- 5+ years of successful technical sales in water treatment equipment or specialty chemical industry experience
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ability to learn internal business systems
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Sales or account leadership history of calling on multi-level plant or facilities management, and developing executive/supervisor-level relationships
- Must be able to drive to multiple customers' sites and maintain a full day of appointments each day.
- May be required to drive up to eight hours a day
- Capable of lifting/moving 50lbs
- May be on feet for up to seven hours per day while on appointments or customer site visits
- Work environment in customer sites may have the potential to be dirty, noisy, hot/humid, or wet
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.