Ecolab is seeking Technical Sales Interns to learn our approach to account management, customer service, and how technical expertise is used to solve problems for customers and develop business within an essential industrial business. These industrial businesses could include the opportunity to work inside a paper mill, oil refinery, data center, food & beverage manufacturing facility, power plant and many other environments.
This internship will help identify and propose solutions to preserve energy and water, minimize our customers' environmental footprint and increase productivity overall. You will learn how to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic accounts. You will also learn how to build long-term relationships with a large customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and offering new technologies.
Locations available: Waterville, ME; Denver, CO; Houston, TX; Manhattan, NYC; Tampa, FL; Miami, FL; Dallas, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Phoenix, AZ; Seattle, WA; Pittsburgh, PA.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Complete an independent project under primary trainer's direction to yield calculated ROI
- Complete safety training & technical lessons that serve as an introduction to water treatment applications
- Observe and participate in service as it is provided to customers to assure accurate chemical application, process optimization and documentation
- Complete introductory training of the consultative sales approach
- Visit multiple customer sites (commercial institutions, food/beverage/brewing manufacturing, paper mills, mining facilities, refineries, etc.) across the region (40-60% of training time spent in field) to learn best practices and types of unit applications and treatment approaches
- Build key relationships and interaction with departments and personnel that will be critical to success in the field
- Work within various regional sales districts and customer locations to build specific technical knowledge and gain sales experience
- Nationwide locations available in urban, suburban and rural environments (dependent on specific industry)
- Relocation assistance is available for those meeting requirements
- Pursuing undergraduate degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial) or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) graduating in December 2021 or Summer of 2022
- Must have a valid driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle record and access to a reliable personal vehicle for duration of internship
- No immigration sponsorship offered
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn water treatment chemical applications and automation
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Willingness and ability to work in commercial and manufacturing environments
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn internal business systems)
With sales over $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million locations in more than 170 countries.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.