Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking aMaintenance Controls Technician! This role is responsible for utilizing electrical, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills to maintain production equipment. This role is also responsible for installing new equipment and ensuring it runs within specifications.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Utilizes electrical and computer skills to program controls for production equipment, ensures that it is running in the most efficient manner possible
- Troubleshoots any issues related to PLC/Servo/HMI and make the necessary repairs
- Assists in developing the Scope of Work
- Works with vendors obtaining quotes bases on an RFQ and Specifications
- Ensures that new equipment is properly laid out and installed according to machine and plant specifications
- Conducts equipment testing (FAT/PAT) to ensure that it continues to meet job specifications
- Supports process design and continuous improvement in a variety of production processes
- Technician resource to Operations, Reliability, Engineering, etc. on controls related issues including troubleshooting, analysis and recommending practical corrective actions for control-related problems
- Identifies opportunities and make recommendations to improve plant performance utilizing or improving current control systems
- Effectively communicates with all levels of plant personnel
- Coaches the Maintenance Technicians on all automation systems
- Performs regularly scheduled preventive maintenance and monthly safety checks
- Makes repairs and modifications to equipment and facilities as scheduled through CMMS
- Other duties as assigned
- Plant location: Greensboro, NC
- Compensation: $25.00/hour (can vary based on experience)
- Work week and shift:
- 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM Rotating Schedule (2 on, 3 off; 2 on, 2 off; 3 on, 2 off)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in maintenance within a high-speed production environment
- Previous experience with electrical and mechanical PLC based applications in an industrial environment
- Previous experience with tools, procedures and methods utilized in an industrial maintenance environment
- Proficient in troubleshooting Allen Bradley RSLogix, 5/05, 500, 5000 and ME
- Use FactoryTalk AssetCentre to track detailed users' actions and initiate disaster recovery for FactoryTalk View SE applications
- Trained in ARC Flash safety
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment
- Formal vocational training in plant maintenance activities with an emphasis on industrial applications or equivalent.
- Basic computer literacy, including skills with Microsoft Office and JDE.
- Able to work in difficult situations such as tight spaces, heat and elevated places.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with demanding and odd hours.
- Must have a good understanding of interfacing with PLCs, scales and display devices
- Experience in selecting and installing process instrumentation
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.