Job TitleProduction Lead
Job Description Summary
* Responsibility for production, maintaining the highest standard of manufacturing, productivity and efficiency
* Support the assigning and supervision of the work of production employees, to ensure their full contribution in achieving Business Unit KPI targets.
* Plan, organize and manage resource levels required to operate effectively to meet schedule requirements and minimize downtime, while ensuring that work assignments are compliant with all Quality Management System (QMS) requirements and production schedules.
* Actively progress product team WIP status to achieve Master Production Schedule time scales and linear manufacturing outputs.
* Ensure compliance with all company policies and Health and Safety requirements. Supporting all appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
* Assist in the facilitation of external and internal regulatory departmental audits.
* Support team and individual training/development plans to achieve a multi-skilled employee pool, ensuring staff can be flexible between cells and associated tasks.
* Ensure that any situation threatening future production or performance is managed effectively in advance. Communicate any potential threat to production in advance to the process manager.
* Manage and prioritise orders to ensure project lead times are achieved.
* Maintain POD staffing procedures and create weekly staff rotas in conjunction with Resource Manager
* Ensuring that manning on the lines is maintained by fully utilising available and spare labour and checking holiday requests prior to submission for authorisation.
* Organising their team, of approximately 30 (although may vary to be more than or less than), to ensure that lines are running to plan including managing any issues that may result in production targets not being met
* To assist the Production Manager in ensuring that customer OTIF levels are met
* To communicate with the responsible operators to ensure that in process checks are carried out correctly and that all lines have current and correct work instructions
* To support new product introduction, maintain and ensure compliance and support the development of operator instructions with their team members
* To liaise with internal customers such as Quality, Logistics and Engineering to resolve any issues that arise with production
* To ensure that production equipment, jigs and fixtures are properly maintained and used in accordance with their design intent
* Ensure TPM schedules are completed accurately and on time
Skills and competencies:
* Previous experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Working knowledge of MRP systems and Manufacturing Techniques.
* Understanding of 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
* Lead the Production Team in a participative manner, promoting suggestions and ideas, involving the members of the department in appropriate decision making processes
* Minimum of 2-5 years' experience of providing support in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to create detailed work instructions for production use (Design)
* Lean manufacturing/automation experience will be advantageous.
* Experience of working in cross-functional teams, and on solo projects.
* IT skills - including CAD, 3-d modelling, MS Office Suite, SAP (desirable).Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.