Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking an Engineering Controls Technician! This role will be responsible for utilizing electrical, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills to maintain production equipment in proper working condition and running to maximum efficiency.The incumbent will also be responsible for installing new equipment and ensuring it runs within specifications.
What's In It For You:
- Opportunity for a long-term career path that allows for exposure into all areas of the Ecolab's supply chain
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Utilize electrical and computer skills to program PLC and Servo controls for production equipment, ensuring that it is running in the most efficient manner possible
- Troubleshoot any issues related to PLC/Servo/HMI and make the necessary repairs
- Maintain and manage the facility's critical network equipment including servers, ethernet switches, UPS and more. Interface with IT when necessary
- Maintain and troubleshoot facility's batching software
- Assist in developing electrical and PLC specifications for new equipment and processes
- Works with vendors obtaining quotes bases on a RFQ and Specifications
- Ensure that new equipment is properly designed, laid out and installed according to machine, and plant specifications
- Conduct equipment testing (FAT/PAT) to ensure that it continues to meet job specifications
- Review and ensure optimal process design and continuous improvement in a variety of production processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Location: McDonough, GA
- Work week and shift:
- 1st Shift (Monday - Friday; 6:00am - 2:00pm)
- 10+ years of experience in maintenance within a high-speed production environment
- 5+ years of experience with electronic and PLC based applications in an industrial environment
- 5+ years of experience with tools, procedures and methods utilized in an industrial maintenance environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.