The International Logistics Senior Manager in St. Paul, MN is a new and exciting position and will be focused on establishing new capabilities in the international logistics space. The primary focus will be on creating an import supply chain servicing all North America Business as well as leading the integration of busines units into the International Logistics Capability. In addition, the successful candidate will provide support to growth projects that address new business needs. We are looking for a motivated leader who can partner with multiple stakeholders and apply solid leadership, formal problem-solving tools, and change management to build a better Ecolab.
What You Will Do:
- Work with different stakeholders to map import business needs and design a supply-chain to deliver against them.
- Manage the day-to-day import operations with one direct report as well as service providers to ensure outstanding service and cost within the operation.
- Lead partner selection in conjunction with procurement and the carrier management office to define a long-term import forwarding solution for Ecolab.
- Implement the needed Management of Change with the organizations as needed in order to drive the new processes; ensuring that the right capabilities and clear roles and responsibilities are in place to ensure success.
- Partner with the growing Life-Sciences, Health Care, Hand Care and other divisions to establish and manage an international supply chain that fits their business needs.
- Participate in, and lead the international logistics functional vertical, within the global supply chain network design model ensuring full support for localization initiatives.
- Partner with other regions and customers in implementing supply chain systems and solutions.
- Other projects related to supply network design, service improvement, cost savings, and process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years' experience in logistics, transportation, warehousing or management
- Experience with SAP, TMS and procurement systems and MS Office, primarily Excel and Access.
- Experience leading projects and complex problem solving
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field of study
- Previous experience in international Logistics, Forwarding, International Trade, Imports and Exports
- Previous experience with Network Design and replenishment planning
- Previous experience with logistics control towers / international control towers
- Previous experience in Project management - Concept to Delivery
- Strong ownership and proactive working attitude
- Strong formal problem-solving ability and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal & external colleagues
- Strong mathematical aptitude with analytical skills
- Understanding of supply chain tradeoffs and costs with an ability to make the best balance
- Previous experience working in SAP
- APICS CPIM
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.