At Ecolab, making the world a cleaner, safer place is our business. We are committed to growth and providing our customers with the most effective and efficient food safety, cleaning, and infection control programs available.
We are seeking a Director Marketing for our Digital Product Technology Center of Excellence to develop and execute a comprehensive digital product strategy in our Food & Beverage business to drive incremental volume, profit, and market share. This person would work across key internal and external stakeholders to combine our traditional strengths in chemistry, automation and service with digital product technology to deliver accelerated growth in a fast-paced, global environment. The ideal candidate is a business savvy leader who can collaborate, ideate, motivate and drive execution across multiple stakeholders and can skillfully deliver rapid, sustainable, and measurable value to our business and our customers.
As a Center of Excellence Leader, it will be insufficient to simply drive the current digital product plans. The successful candidate must lead a team of digital product professionals in "raising Food & Beverage capability" to world class standards in this critical, strategic area of the business. Importantly, this is a crucible position which will be identifying and leading the most prolific initiatives for the division, and as such will be a key driver and enabler of the overall business strategy. The individual must be facile in a 360 degree way with skills in interfacing with senior leaders as well as multi-functional stakeholders from across the company. They must also be capable of cultivating key portions of the strategic plan.
The position would report to the Vice President of Marketing, Food & Beverage, and be based in our St. Paul, MN office.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with our customers, leadership, marketing, sales and R&D teams to develop and execute short- and long-term digital product strategies that will accelerate sales and profit growth for Ecolab
- Collect Customer insights, and from these insights build and maintain the digital product technology pipeline-advance initiatives through a Phase Gate process to market launch on specific timelines
- Drive a robust portfolio of digital solutions, whether through digital alone or in combination with other chemical, equipment, automation or service capabilities
- Leverage customer insights, competitive intelligence and business strategy to rapidly create outcome-based solutions from problem framing to ideation to minimum viable product (MVP) definition to roll-out to future product lifecycle management
- Develop and nurture quality relationships with key external partners as well as between and across Ecolab divisions and key functions by partnering with key business stakeholders to build and gain approval for business cases, supported by facts, customer insights and analysis
- Ensure appropriate segmentation, positioning, pricing, and pitching of digital offerings
- Own the customer facing messaging including the value proposition, the pitch, the digital brand and all external messaging on case studies, success stories, social media, websites, portals, customer facing decks, etc.
- Explore and deploy new value capture models that monetize digital solutions and create new revenue streams.
- Partner with our Business Readiness Leader to ensure superior change management to drive strong customer and internal adoption
- Identify key gaps in digital capabilities for input to M&A and Strategic Partnership discussions and work with these teams to develop and execute an M&A / Partnership digital strategy
- Develop a high-performing team to most effectively deliver value and solutions across the global business. Build a culture of strong engagement, accountability and high performance.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience marketing, business strategy and/or digital solutions implementation and innovation
- Experience leading cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to develop and execute winning strategies and solutions. Demonstrated results managing across global matrix organizations and among peers.
- Familiarity with the scrum framework and agile techniques to iteratively build, test and release solutions that deliver on business requirements.
- MBA or Advanced degree
- Demonstrated ability to build effective, cohesive and collaborative teams. Outstanding coach, mentor and developer of high performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to tell compelling stories centered on the customer
- Strong faciliatation skills and skilled in customer-centric thinking and tools
- Experience developing budgets, forecasts, and pricing related to digital offerings to support business needs, goals and objectives
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.