TheMarketing Director, Paper is a leading role on the Nalco Water Paper Global Marketing team and a member of the North America leadership team. The role requires a seasoned, business executive who can function at both a strategic and tactical level. In this role you will develop an in-depth understanding of Nalco Water's Paper customers in order to:
- Define the marketing vision and strategy for North America
- Develop compelling messaging and positioning
- Create and collaborate on execution of marketing plans, sales enablement and portfolio management.
- Partner on driving innovation (product, business model) and business development opportunities with the end goal of growing revenue and increasing profitability and market share.
This role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring significant collaboration with other functions (sales, R&D, digital, etc.), communication with executive management and extensive work with customers and partners.
You will be responsible for building and leading an energetic and dynamic team supporting strategic initiatives as well as product line management.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong strategic thinking, communication, collaboration, change management and leadership abilities, passion for customers, marketing fundamentals, high energy and commitment to help solve big problems.
The position would report to the Vice President of Nalco Water Paper Marketing and be based in our Naperville, IL office.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and develop team creating a highly inclusive and high performing culture supporting both Strategic and Operational initiatives.
- Create and execute strategies which will fuel robust growth and profitability
- Drive a robust portfolio of innovative solutions including combinations of digital, chemical, equipment, automation and service capabilities
- Assume accountability for the long-term financial success and sustainable competitive advantage of the portfolio.
- Determine and execute effective solutions to address product related issues that introduce business risk and jeopardize growth objectives. Resolve on behalf of the business product supply, quality and emerging cost issues.
- Track and report on product line performance metrics and take corrective action working with cross functional department and business stakeholders as required.
- Improve our internal processes and tools to effectively and efficiently execute on marketing strategies and best practices.
- Ensure strong communications strategy and execution
- Collaborate with critical functions, including sales, R&D, PLM, and Digital
- Remain current on industry norms and future trends and apply that to current and future offerings
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years professional sales & marketing experience; or MBA with 8+ years of professional sales & marketing experience
- 5+ years experience leading and coaching high performing teams
- 5+ years experience working with cross-functional business units defining marketing vision and strategy
- 5+ years Project Management experience
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Ability to travel 10-20% based on need, customer face to face interaction, and team support
- Proven ability to work independently while handling multiple tasks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and navigate matrix organizations to achieve business results
- Ability to exhibit team leadership; motivate and inspire teams to achieve their highest potential and communicate a sense of vision and mission.
- Ability to create an environment that encourages breakthrough thinking, can move new ideas forward
- Well-developed and proven leadership, strategic thinking, marketing fundamentals, & business acumen
- Experience with digital innovation
- Business to business marketing experience
- Previous experience in the Industrial space
- International marketing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, good attention to detail and use of sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Experience creating customer-facing presentations, with visibility to top executives
- International cultural awareness and international business experience
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.