Abednego, a Nalco Water company is looking for a Field Technician to join our industry leading Nalco Water team. If you are a passionate technical professional that enjoys interacting with customers and likes to work in an autonomous, hands-on environment, we invite you to apply. You will be joining a talented team that monitors and maintains a variety of air and water quality systems pertaining to the paint booth at an automotive manufacturing site. In this position you will provide customers with problem solving support, generating a high level of customer satisfaction.
What's in it For You:
- You will join a large growing company offering excellent benefits
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
What You Will Do:
- Perform daily process application quality analysis using small intricate parts
- Provide routine and special application service support to customers
- Execute required chemistry tests
- Log and report data
- Maintain product inventories
- Provide technical support to customers
- Troubleshoot and maintain systems as needed
- Operate sludge collection equipment
- Perform minor mechanical repairs on equipment
- Make necessary chemical adjustments on water treatment systems
- Chemical handling as needed
- Shift: 2nd Shift (5pm-1am)
- Location: Belvidere, IL
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Must be able to use a microscope for extended periods
- Must be comfortable/willing to utilize a scalpel to remove defects from painted parts
- Must be comfortable leading meetings (public speaking) with Paint Shop management
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, balancing, walking, standing, talking and hearing
- Must be able to wear a respirator under certain conditions
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Strong customer service skills; proven ability to interface positively and professionally with the customer
- Ability to analyze readings and put data in a spreadsheet in a logical manner
- Possess above-average verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to explain results of data gatherings
- Previous experience utilizing microscope
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.