Ecolab is the $14b billion global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. Around the world businesses in foodservice, food processing, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and oil and gas markets choose Ecolab products and services to keep their environment clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve sustainability goals.
Nalco Water strives to be the global experts in minimizing fresh water usage while also maximizing customer performance and optimizing our customers' total cost of operation. Our work directly impacts the water usage in our customers' operations and the surrounding communities. Within our dynamic and collaborative environment, the Nalco Water Marketing team plays a significant role in making the Nalco Water vision and strategy a reality. It has broad exposure to various aspects of the business.
At Nalco Water, our Power business treats Coal, Combined Cycle, Nuclear, Geothermal and Solar plants. TheSr. Marketing Manager for our Power business is a critical role on the Heavy Leadership team and a key member of the Nalco Water Heavy Global Marketing team. The role requires a seasoned, business executive who has the ability to function at both a strategic and tactical level. In this role you will develop an in-depth understanding of Nalco Water's Global Power customers in order to:
*Define the marketing vision and strategy,
*Develop compelling messaging and positioning,
*Understand customer needs and industry challenges and develop new offerings to solve them,
*Create and collaborate on execution of marketing plans and sales enablement
*Partner on driving innovation (product, business model) and business development opportunities with the end goal of growing revenue and increasing profitability and market share.
This role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring significant collaboration globally and with other functions (digital, sales, R&D, etc.), communication with executive management and extensive work with customers and partners.
You will be responsible for building and leading an energetic and dynamic team across multiple industry segments and large corporate customers in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong strategic thinking, communication, collaboration, change management and leadership abilities, passion for customers, marketing fundamentals, high energy and commitment to help solve big problems.
The position would report to the Vice President of Marketing of our Heavy business and be based in our Naperville, IL office.
What You Will Do:
- Create and execute strategies which will fuel robust growth and profitability for each industry segment
- Drive program innovation and evolution (organic and inorganic)
- Drive a robust portfolio of innovative solutions, whether through digital alone or in combination with other chemical, equipment, automation or service capabilities
- Explore and deploy new value capture models that monetize digital solutions and create new revenue streams.
- Be key liaison to global colleagues for execution and development
- Ensure strong communications strategy and execution
- Manage and develop a team creating a highly inclusive and high performing culture
- Collaborate with critical functions, digital, sales, R&D, & M&A
- Remain current on industry norms and future trends and apply that to current and future offerings
- Accelerate market adoption of offerings around the world
- Travel 10 - 20% based on need, customer face to face interaction, and team support
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years professional sales & marketing experience; or
- MBA with 8+ years of professional sales & marketing experience
- 5+ years experience leading and coaching high performing teams
- 5+ years experience working with cross-functional business units within B2B industrial markets, defining marketing vision and strategy
- 5+ years Project Management experience
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to work independently while handling multiple tasks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and navigate matrix organizations to achieve business results
- Ability to exhibit team leadership; motivate and inspire teams to achieve their highest potential and communicate a sense of vision and mission.
- Ability to create an environment that encourages breakthrough thinking, can move new ideas forward
- Well-developed and proven leadership, strategic thinking, marketing fundamentals, & business acumen
- Experience with digital innovation
- Business to business marketing experience
- Previous experience in the Power space
- International marketing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, good attention to detail and use of sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Experience creating customer-facing presentations, with visibility to top executives
- International cultural awareness and international business experience
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.