The Rental Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the short-term and long-term rental revenues to customers and prospective customers in an assigned territory. Individual sales objectives must be met while working with customers to manage their equipment to maintain the lowest possible cost per hour. The ability to communicate the value of purchasing premium equipment in a price sensitive market is necessary. The Rental Sales Representative will demonstrate initiative, commitment to teamwork, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner. A valid driver's license is a requirement for this position.
Essential Responsibilities & Expectations
- Maximize new and used equipment sales
- Maximize short- and long-term rental agreements in assigned territory
- Promote parts and service sales in assigned territory
- Promote Customer Support Agreements and maintenance programs
- Maintain accurate customer data records
- Assist in collection of past due invoices
- Monitor and report product performance and competitive activity
- Provide liaison support between customer, TTCO, and our vendors
- Establish and maintain personal working relationships with customers
- Negotiate mutually agreeable settlements on customer complaints
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Work is normally performed in a customer or company warehouse, worksite, shop, or office environment. Limited exposure to physical risk and some exposure to all weather conditions is associated with this position. Driving for extended periods of time and standing on hard surfaces for extended periods of time is often required.
* Climbing on or under equipment
* Lifting items up to 75 lbs.
* Travel related hazards
* Weather related hazards
* Slips, trips and falls
* Stress and fatigue
* Prolonged sitting
* Being around moving equipment
* Being around working service departments
High School or Equivalent (required)
Previous sales and a working knowledge of the material handling industry is preferred. Experience using personal computers and basic typing skills are required. (preferred)Microsoft Office (preferred)Verbal Communication (preferred)Written Communication (preferred)Computer (preferred)Parts Identification (preferred)Problem Solving (preferred)Relationship Building (preferred)Selling (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
EEO/AA employer including individuals with disabilities and veterans.