Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
Choosing a career withECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.Enjoy teaching in our newly renovated labs which include a Zero refrigeration rack system with walk-in cooler and chiller, LG and Mitsubishi Mini-Split systems, and other new equipment from Trane, Goodman and Lennox. Our curriculum is fully built and instructor-friendly.
Here at Altierus Career College, a division of ECMC Education, it is our culture and commitment to develop a strong community starting within our offices and our campus where diversity is celebrated. Faculty provide appropriate and effective instruction, stay current in the scholarship and practice of their discipline and teaching methodology, support academic quality standards, and demonstrate a commitment to student retention and success.
Altierus Career College is seeking a full-time HVAC instructor in Norcross. The faculty member will provide theory and practical instruction to a level sufficient for students to develop the skills necessary to become employed in the profession of HVAC Technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct assigned courses in accordance with course competencies/objectives.
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies.
- Provide students with academic support and advice give referrals for additional assistance as required, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed and use technology for academic alerts and interventions.
- Teach classes based on assigned schedule and modality according to Altierusfaculty expectations and complete all related teaching administrative responsibilities such as attendance taking, final grade submission, etc.
- Conduct program / course curriculum assessment and evaluation duties as assigned.
- Where applicable:
- Maintain valid practice certifications.
- Maintain current health requirements, training, licensures and certifications.
- Coordinates schedules with CND in establishing laboratory schedules, classroom rotations (where appropriate), student advising and clinical rotations (where appropriate).
- Ensure related clinical supplies and equipment are up-to-date.
- Explain and demonstrate related laboratory/practical procedures.
- Arrange students' field placement and monitor students' progress.
- Stay current with all regional and state code changes and industry standards as it applies to the program subject matter being taught.
- High school diploma or GED (diploma or certificate in the field preferred)
- 3 years of experience at minimum journey or technician level in their area of expertise.
- Must have EPA 608 Refrigerant Certifications type I and II, preferably Universal Technician, EPA Refrigerant Certification R-410A, and OSHA 10 certification.
Recommended areas of knowledge:
- Specific tools of the HVAC trade
- Reading commercial blueprints
- Installing HVAC systems
- Basic refrigeration theory
- EPA Refrigerant handling certification
- Sizing HVAC systems
- Servicing HVAC systems
- Heat pumps
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.