Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world's most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo's 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo's communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Outside Plant Construction Manager (OSP CM) is responsible for everything that happens and fails to happen within the pre-construction, construction, and splicing phases of an overall projects relating to installation of Fiber Optic Networks and Fiber to the Tower (FTT). The OSP CM is responsible for hitting pre-construction and construction due dates, interval, budget, quality, and safety objectives. The overall OSP CM goals are to deliver projects on-time, on-interval, on-budget and in-compliance with all build quality and safety standards. The primary difference between the OSP CM and OSP PM is that the CM spends more of his/her time working the pre-construction and construction phases of a project and less tracking and reporting. The PM spends more time managing the end-to-end project including tracking, reporting, and forecasting.
- Manage the pre-construction and construction phases of the OSP project - deliver on time, on budget, and within quality and safety standards.
- Resolve OSP roadblocks.
- Manage third party pre-construction and construction suppliers.
- Supervise construction crews.
- Participate in project meetings and effectively support the overall project effort.
- Manage and meet pre-construction and construction schedules, intervals and due dates.
- Meet project budgets.
- Inspect and assure construction work quality and crew safety.
- Manage, document and record construction field changes.
- Verify supplier invoices match the work actually performed in the field and ensure that all contractual specifications are met.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience. Must be conversant/have working knowledge of structured cabling, routing, switching, and IP protocols.
- Must have 4 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Familiarity with G Suite application, Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Earth and AutoCAD.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management including quoting, construction, and delivery.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Business-minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- Some local travel will be required.
- Competitive compensation
- Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee's business segment, and the individual employee
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops team.