Your energy and ambition "switch" is permanently set to "ON!"
People wonder, "Where do you get your energy?" You set your mind to your work goal and you go at it with a passion that does not quit. You'll only be done when your work satisfies your own high standards. We will provide you with all you need: the resources and the encouragement to excel, so that we can lift each other higher.
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication, and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience.
When support counts, count on us
It's no wonder that our employees give everything they've got- constructive support is motivational! We let you know that we value your contributions through financial rewards and excellent benefits in an environment of cooperation. Teammates from diverse personal backgrounds feel welcomed, included, respected and appreciated for the talents and unique perspectives they contribute. Opportunity is waiting for all. The first step is now - when we appreciate the fact that you've applied!
About Core & Main
Core & Main () is responsible for making sure our nation's infrastructure has good bones; we help channel water to keep you healthy and safe. From waterworks to fire protection products, we deliver dependable expertise to build strong relationships and strong communities.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
For more information, please click or visit https://www.eeoc.gov