Reporting to the Corporate Regional Director of Sales, the Group Sales Account Manager is responsible for managing of group accounts for two or more assigned hotels along with a defined cluster of hotels within a region. The Group Sales Account Manager will serve as a trusted advisor for internal and external clients to optimize fair share delivery to Sonesta Hotels in addition to the following key responsibilities: Handle Group Sales responsibilities for primary hotel, hotels in an assigned region and point of contact for select Group Accounts. Duties would include, lead management, business review, all system work, sales follow up, site coordination, business development, payment and other related duties prior to turnover. Will represent hotel(s) for identified key trade shows, market solicitation activities.
We are looking for motivated, independent, sales -professional with a successful track record within a hotel sales organization and demonstrated ability to build mutually beneficial complex customer relationships. The successful candidate will be extremely self-driven, possess excellent communication and customer-relations skills and have solid business acumen.
As key enablement tools, the candidate will successfully embed group sales initiatives and strategies that will increase Sonesta's visibility and improve year over year share of group business to Sonesta Hotels. The position requires a proactive approach and carefully crafted account plans to achieve desired results. The Group Sales Account Manager will also be measured on successful collaboration with varying stakeholders to include property leaders, Sonesta corporate leadership team including Global Sales, and key third party intermediators.
The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. The successful candidate will employ proactive measures to achieve the desired account and revenue objectives.
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
* Effectively promote the Sonesta brand to group and meeting decision makers
* Be fully capable of utilizing primary online tools for RFP solicitation and negotiations including C-vent, Meeting Broker, Delphi.fdc
* Manage a limited number of GSO accounts for Sonesta's full service domestic portfolio. Assigned Accounts, seller will be responsible for achieving account growth targets, solicitation, maintenance and all sales related activities.
* Be able to analyze market conditions and account specific data to determine current account status and alter individual account strategies, as needed.
* Meet or exceed weekly, quarterly and annual sales goals, KPI's, solicitation goals and initiatives.
* Develop, actively solicit, and map group business accounts per defined territory.
* Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
* Adhere to all mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
* Maintain a complete database of accounts in defined territories.
* Identify and qualify potential prospects through participating in telemarketing, tradeshows, sales blitzes and other sales initiatives.
* Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
* Maximize outcome of all sales initiatives by following up on leads, following up with clients in-house to identify additional business opportunities and aggressively managing accounts.
* Leads on-site inspections by customers, performs outside sale calls to develop leads.
* Manages and negotiates account details and contracts so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Manages and update Delphi.fdc daily.
* Formulates and submits formal and informal sales proposals to prospective customers in the field, at the hotel, and over the phone.
* Follow company direction, process, and expectations of assigned hotels.
* Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts.
* Ensure all due dates/deadlines are met and other duties as assigned.
* Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings as directed.
Strategy and Planning:
* Analyze sales statistics with Leadership, to determine sales potential, inventory requirements, and sales goals.
* Awareness of competition, top accounts, rates and sales strategies on an ongoing basis. Stays abreast of trends in the market.
* Ability to coordinate and participate in Sales Blitzes and completes follow up in a timely manner with potential corporate clients.
* Develop a sales plan that addresses new business development, product management from a sales and marketing perspective, strategic sales alliances, and partnerships with companies.
* Development of quarterly SMART plans.
* Ability to set up and lead customer business reviews on a quarterly basis; collaborating with other Sales and Operations teams as appropriate.
* Having a deep knowledge of group and meetings industry, decision making and booking processes.
* Develop strong working relationships with Sonesta International Hotel DOSMs and regional team to ensure collaborative management approach and seamless interactions with customers.
* Manage and optimize annual revenue goal and to achieve YOY key account revenue growth (room nights, ADR and revenue).
* Ability to work with Revenue Management and provide detailed business analysis of group opportunities.
Interact with outside contacts:
* Oversee designated portfolio of managed accounts, strategic relationships in the B2B space and represent Sonesta in key industry associations
* Acquire new accounts that fit the hotel portfolio and drive incremental impact
* Promote and reposition the Sonesta brand to decision makers by analyzing needs, mapping business opportunities, creating strategies and measuring growth realized at Sonesta.
* Promoting and repositioning the Sonesta brand to group and meeting decision makers by analyzing needs, mapping business opportunities, creating strategies and measuring growth realized at Sonesta International relative to account level results.
* Customize and effectively socialize Sonesta's value proposition to meet the needs of meeting planners.
* Ensuring client and hotel satisfaction by facilitating positive, long-term relationships with both customers and Sonesta Hotels International.
* Network at key industry events and trade shows.
* Responsible for individual performance and incremental contribution to Sonesta hotels.
* Responsibly collaborate with hotel teams to activate shared account events and activities.
* Responsible for effectively managing time commitments.
* Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding revenue and room night targets.
* Candidate is expected to learn and understand roles, responsibilities and business of the clients with whom we partner with.
* Responsible for using the appropriate account management tools to effectively track activities, opportunities and follow up.
* Responsible for achieving the desired ROI on tradeshow and industry events.
Leading with Passion
* Function as the Voice of the Customer to represent customer insights to key corporate personnel and Sonesta senior leadership.
* Utilize and collaborate with resources across different departments within the corporate office as appropriate.
* Lead by example and operate with integrity and respect.
* Work to achieve goals while overcoming competitive obstacles and planning alternate ways to win.
* Show strong passion and commitment about reaching targets.
* Celebrate individual and team success.
* Maintain a positive, "can do" attitude and a versatile approach to change.
* Appreciates the diversity of our team members, guests, vendors and surrounding community. Is always committed to ensuring a positive and safe work environment.
Additional Job Description
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support their competencies therein.
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
* 2-4 years of property level sales experience.
* A successful track record of sales success and team development.
* Multi-brand hotel experience is advantageous.
* Must possess the ability and willingness to travel 20%-30% of the time.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organization skills.
* Possess selling skills that are transferable to multiple segments within the hotel industry
* Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
* Ability to deliver presentations in a concise, well-organized manner.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrates good working knowledge of job-related processes and systems (i.e. IT systems specific to sales, like Delphi.fdc, Social Tables, Knowland, Opera, etc.)
* Valid driver license, passport, serviceable automobile, proof of insurance and approved to work in USA
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Health Savings Account with Company Match
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
* Paid Vacation and Sick Days
* Sonesta Hotel Discounts
* Educational Assistance
* Paid Parental Leave
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
* Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
#IND2 Aleron companies; Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.