ECBuild is seeking a Superintendent. The Superintendent will oversee all phases of a construction project. This position will lead and manage the on-site construction team and oversee all work on site. The Superintendent will be responsible for ensuring the project timeline is met, orderliness on the jobsite and ensuring compliance with safety regulations. This position will ensure quality standards are met, and all equipment and materials are available on site when required to maintain the project schedule. The Superintendent will liaise with inspection authorities regarding approvals and is responsible for resolving any conflicts.
- Develops a schedule and cost-effective plan for completion of an assigned project
- Collaborates with other staff to create preconstruction estimates and budgets for materials and labor
- Coordinates and schedules the work activities of tradespeople, professionals, and laborers, communicating to and via project foreperson to deliver instructions and project assignments as appropriate
- Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness; prepares and provides progress reports; makes recommendations for necessary modifications
- Collaborates and coordinates with architect, engineer, inspection agencies, Owner's representatives and other pertinent stakeholders to ensure the project intent and Owner expectations are met
- Ensures the contract document and code requirements are followed
- Ensures all required permits are obtained by the appropriate parties
- Leads the Quality Control/Quality Assurance efforts
- Completes Daily Reports and ensures subcontractors complete daily reports
- Prepared site logistics planning
- Conducts weekly subcontractor coordination meetings and assures 4-week look ahead schedule is prepared and accurate
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5-10 years combined experience in the role of Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certified
- Familiarity of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Excellent time management skills and a high attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel
- Proficient with Bluebeam
- Familiarity with Primavera (P6) or MS Project Scheduling Software
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work at various locations
- Ability to work well with diverse, multi-disciplined groups
Preferred Education and Experience:
Project Types: Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Laboratory, MEP and Commercial Experience is a plus
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screening
At this time, ECBuild is not accepting candidate submissions from recruiting agencies or search firms for this position.