Driven by a high-caliber workforce, Ameresco is a leading clean technology integrator and renewable asset developer, owner and operator. Our comprehensive services include energy efficiency, infrastructure upgrades, asset sustainability and renewable energy solutions throughout North America and Europe. Our renewable energy assets and customer projects have delivered a cumulative carbon offset equivalent to over 60 million metric tons of carbon dioxide since going public in 2010.
Grounded in ourand guided by ourpractices, we are proud of our engaging workplace with a host ofcompetitive benefits and wellness programs. Our teams work collaboratively to deliver best-in-class solutions with a relentless focus on customer satisfaction. In pursuit of energizing a sustainable world, our people and purpose set Ameresco apart.
Help shape the future of energy by working for an award-winning team, honored to be recognized by agencies including Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation and Forbes for our company culture, industry leadership, and client projects. Ameresco is fueled by athat embraces diversity, career development opportunities,and -- most importantly - employees driven by doing well by doing good.
Ameresco is actively seeking a Manager, Business Development to manage a small sales team and strategically drive sales of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and advanced technology solutions across multiple market sectors.
- Lead, drive, and manage business development activities and resources to generate business and project opportunities, increase sales, provide on-time and cost-effective delivery of services, and ensure regional goals are attained.
- Achieve annual sales goals for bookings, awards, and proposals.
- Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies to identify, target, qualify, and secure customers for all Ameresco solutions including energy-as-a-service, performance contract, turnkey construction, and renewable technology project opportunities.
- Formulatemarketing and business developmentforecasts,plans,and activitiesto increase company presence and customer base in defined markets and achieve regionalobjectives.
- Manage individual account executives in the assigned geography to ensure the accomplishment of sales goals.
- Develop, manage, and execute individual and regional sales pipelines.
- Serve as the key point of contact and represent Ameresco in key client engagements.
- Oversee the successful development, organization, strategic positioning, preparation, technical analysis, and issuance of winning proposals and presentations.
- Review project submittals for quality assurance, technical accuracy, competitiveness, and customer-oriented solutions.
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge and understanding of project proposals, contract terms, and project finance options.
- Work with local engineering manager to effectively manage organizational and team resources to achieve regional business objectives.
- Coordinate the development interface with project management and operations teams to assure customer satisfaction.
- Provide hands-on leadership, planning, and management of procurement, contract administration, construction, and commissioning resources to assure total quality and project delivery on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Plan, budget, track, and effectively manage organizational and team resources to achieve regional business objectives.
- Formulate successful strategies to increase project development and constructionactivities and ensure annual goals are attained.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, and regulatory safety standards and protocols.
- Cultivate positive and effective customer and business relationships.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in sustainability, engineering, economics, finance, or business.
- Minimum 8 years progressivelocal experience marketing commodity consulting services, energy efficiency, or renewable technology, including the ability to identify customer energy needs, effectively communicate energy solutions, and position Ameresco as the provider of choice.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced Education (i.e., MS, MBA) preferred.
- Proven successful business development experience cultivating, developing, and securing customers and projects in the South or Southwestern US.
- Demonstrated sales track record, including executive business decision-maker contacts, C-level sales, advanced negotiation, deal structuring, and sales contract experience.
- Proven ability to analyze and pre-qualify customer value.
- Superior financial planning, budgeting, organizational, and resource management abilities.
- Proven experience influencing and leading sales and project development teams in the Southern US to meet company and business goals.
- Excellent verbal, written, technical, and computer communication and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, people, and business relationships.
- Valid Drivers' License in good standing, issued by the state of residence.
- Travel required.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.