ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, our Power Delivery group is seeking a Mid-level Distribution Engineer to join our team in our Lake Mary (Orlando), FL office location.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Problem identification and resolution on Distribution design projects
- Reviewing completed designs and design products to ensure compliance with client, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing design products to ensure compliance with quality and consistency expectations.
- Applying client, industry and regulatory standards and requirements to existing distribution system components.
- Communicating effectively with internal, client and regulatory counterparts.
- Maintaining production in a changing environment
- Providing technical guidance, leadership, and effectively manage workloads for assigned team members
Required Qualifications / skills
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering (or similar), or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of Power Delivery experience required.
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution system design engineering standards and practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of NESC and other applicable codes and standards.
- Strong computer (e.g. Microsoft Office) and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Willingness to learn and operate client provided programs and systems.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to travel up to 20 - 25% of the time to client sites (expected to travel at least one time per month) for project and/or marketing meetings
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Solid knowledge of PoleForeman, GE Smallworld Design Manager, WMS, WMIS, ArcGIS
- Experience working for or with Georgia- and/or Florida-based utilities
- EIT certification preferred
Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client-specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |