Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker or supervisor.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED,strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2 - 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Computer experience.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to understand written material and basic math skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal.
About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit to learn more.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
For more information, please click or visit https://www.eeoc.gov