For you, "good enough" isn't good enough
You are someone who sees a glitch and won't rest until you discover a way to fix it. If you make something better, the job's not finished until you do it. We value employees with your high standards. Our reputation can rest on your insistence on getting it right. If you're a "perfectionist," this just might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Manufacture customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare completed orders for shipment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Examines specifications of the customer's order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Fabricates work piece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment.
- Metal working experience preferred.
When support counts, count on us
It's no wonder that our employees give everything they've got- constructive support is motivational! We let you know that we value your contributions through financial rewards and excellent benefits in an environment of cooperation. Teammates from diverse personal backgrounds feel welcomed, included, respected and appreciated for the talents and unique perspectives they contribute. Opportunity is waiting for all. The first step is now - when we appreciate the fact that you've applied!
About Core & Main
Core & Main () is responsible for making sure our nation's infrastructure has good bones; we help channel water to keep you healthy and safe. From waterworks to fire protection products, we deliver dependable expertise to build strong relationships and strong communities.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
For more information, please click or visit https://www.eeoc.gov