ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and technology-related industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, our Chief Engineering Group is seeking an Early Career Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) Engineer for our Kennesaw, GA office.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Perform common PRA tasks including initiating events analysis, accident sequence analysis, success criteria, systems analysis, human reliability analysis, data analysis, quantification, and LERF analysis.
- Use PRA quantitative results to identify important accident sequences, systems, and components.
- Identify, interpret, and document insights from the analysis.
- Utilize PRA to justify and prepare risk-based or risk-informed decision-making in support of plant design changes, technical specification changes, license amendment requests, or other risk-related tasks.
- Develop, modify, or revise the PRA portions of nuclear plant programs such as the Maintenance Rule and Mitigating Systems Performance Index.
- Maintain proficiency in risk assessment tools such as CAFTA, PRAQUANT, SYSIMP, and UNCERT.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the ASME / ANS PRA Standard, related NRC Regulatory Guides, and related NEI guidance documents.
Required Qualifications / skills
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years of PRA experience, including familiarity with current risk-informed regulatory applications such as 50.69, 4b, and 5b.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
- Experience working in a Nuclear Power Plant environment and familiarity with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) governing codes.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; Comfortable and effective communicator with team, clients, management, etc., choosing the right mode of communication for the situation and relaying the right message.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and general scientific evaluation skills.
- Required to travel up to 20 - 25% of the time to client sites for project and/or marketing meetings. Activities at client sites may require pre-job briefs and walkdowns at the site, including occasional climbing.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Strong coordination and team-building skills; demonstrated ability to work across disciplines, divisions, and teams. Ability to assess and understand team strengths and weaknesses, and adjust level of support/oversight as appropriate.
- nuclear power plant experience
- Ability to motivate team and achieve goals through positive, winning attitude and effective leadership style which is consistent with ENERCON's Defining Excellence fundamentals.
- Experience in business or proposal development, or participation on industry working groups.
Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client-specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |