What We Are Looking For...
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Effectively interfaces with multiple disciplines at all levels of the organization, with customers and suppliers
- Demonstrates leadership and the ability to drive results across organizational boundaries
- Leads the evaluation of the big picture, keeps the overall system goal in mind and directs activities to ensure timelines are met
- Skilled at understanding the system requirements and negotiating changes or tradeoffs, and decomposition into sub-system allocations
- Working knowledge of high design standards in the aerospace industry or equivalent
- Skilled in the application of design tools and methodology such as DOORS, Agile framework, solid knowledge of Engineering quality systems to perform design implementation, Engineering changes, and configuration management
- Design of complex electronic systems and sub-systems
- Planning design tasks and identifying objectives to accomplish project and schedule needs
- Foster innovation and champions design evolution to maintain industry growth
- Shows high integrity in evaluating the system, system risks, and enterprise impacts
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical/Science or International equivalent required
- Greater than 8 years of relevant experience or a combination of experience and advanced degree required
- Post-graduate technical degree or System Engineering Certificate
Working Environment/ Physical Activities
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment; however, the job may take the member into various areas of the plant where there is possible exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust, and temperatures above 80 degrees F. Moderate travel may be required.
What's in It For You...
At Woodward, our "employees" are called and treated as "members" .... and we've created a culture that appreciates and values the contributions of every member. It's a positive collaborative environment where members work together for outstanding outcomes.
Woodward offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
- Annual cash bonus opportunity
- Sick Time / Short Term Disability / Bereavement / Adoption Assistance / Vacation / 401(k) Match
- Stock Contribution / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability / Member Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Member Optional Life
- Spouse/Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Home Auto Insurance / Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance / Legal Plan / Military Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Pandemic Leave / Vacation Buy-up
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business, and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids, and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable, and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer