We are currently seeking a Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) Engineering Supervisor within the Nuclear Power industry to join ENERCON's PRA organization.
In this role, your responsibility will be to Supervise a PRA team comprised of PRA Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and PRA staff on-site in ENERCON's Kennesaw, GA office. You will report to the PRA Group Manager and collaborate with other PRA Group Supervisors and staff.
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Products/Deliverables - Serve as the focal point for initial unit contact with Management, PM's, and other internal constituents and together with the PMs and lead engineers, define the scope of work. Direct/assign work to the unit to balance activities between work groups. Maintains responsibility for the unit's quality; establish and enforce quality standards for the unit through the Lead Engineers. Working with Project Managers, accepts unit's responsibility of budget and schedule for assigned projects. Assigns unit's staff to projects, working with Project Managers and lead engineers. Responsible for the approval of documents produced by the unit. Supports the PRA Manager in maintaining, updating, and executing Continuous Improvement Plans.
- Business Development - Lead proposal preparation with input for scope and budget to PMs. Develop professional relationships with client counterparts. Assist in marketing the unit's expertise/abilities to clients.
- Leadership and Staff Development - Identify and promote opportunities for PRA and risk-informed application projects. Identify and promote training opportunities (ex: owner's groups, professional society). Utilize the review/approval process of deliverables as technical training opportunity for staff. Provide timely and appropriate performance feedback and coaching. Promote professional development (ex: professional license, certifications, and client qualifications). Support company policies and procedures. Demonstrate technical leadership, providing resolution to technical issues either through own knowledge or by coordination with Subject Matter Expert.
- Organizational Support - Maintain short and long-range staffing projections based on work projections. Approve timesheets and expense reports of direct reports. Conduct unit's annual performance appraisals. Support management in recruiting new employees.
- Contribution to Business Goals - Meets applied time goals set for the PRA Group
Required Qualifications/ skills:
- Collaborate with other PRA Group Supervisors to distribute project and staffing responsibilities.
- Direct/assign work to the unit, balance activities between work groups, and ensure staff applied time meets budget.
- Assigns unit's Responsible Engineer (RE) or the Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) for PRA-led projects.
- Lead proposal preparation with input for scope and budget to PMs.
- Develop professional relationships with client counterparts.
- Assist in marketing the unit's expertise/abilities to clients.
- Identify and promote training opportunities and professional development for the staff as well as delivering training on PRA and risk-informed application topics.
- Administrative duties include time sheets and expense accounts reviews and approval, conduct annual performance appraisals, recruiting new employees, etc.
Required Qualifications/ skills:
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the nuclear power industry, including experience with PRA modeling and familiarity with current risk-informed regulatory applications.
- 2+ Years of experience serving as technical lead on PRA and risk-informed applications is desired.
- Previous supervisory experience is desired.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
- Experience working in a Nuclear Power Plant environment and familiarity with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) governing codes.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; Comfortable and effective communicator with team, clients, management, etc., choosing the right mode of communication for the situation and relaying the right message.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Strong coordination and team building skills; demonstrated ability to work across disciplines, divisions, and teams. Ability to assess and understand team strengths and weaknesses, and adjust level of support/oversight as appropriate.
- Ability to motivate team and achieve goals through positive, winning attitude and effective leadership style which is consistent with ENERCON's Defining Excellence fundamentals
- Problem-solving and general scientific evaluation skills.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) check according to company and client policies
- Required to travel up to 20 - 25% of the time to client sites for project and/or marketing meetings. Activities at client sites may require pre-job briefs and walkdowns at the site, including occasional climbing.
Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |