Why Orthofix?Regional Sales Specialist, Orthofix Orthopedics - Southeastern US
Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision "To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
How you'll make a difference?
The Regional Sales Specialist for the Southeast Territory is responsible for Extremity Fixation sales activities in their specific US region, under the direction of the Extremity Fixation Regional Vice President (RVP). As directed by the RVP, the Regional Sales Specialist oversees the performance of multiple aspects within the territory including: distributor sales performance, sales force training, hospital and GPO relationships, pricing and promotions, surgeon product training, surgeon relationships, and distribution optimization. Position also directly promotes the on-label use of the Extremity Fixation portfolio to physicians and healthcare providers in a clinic, office, and OR setting. The individual must demonstrate consultative selling and communication skills, technical expertise, and work well in a team environment in order to transition the surgeon to use Orthofix Extremity Fixation platform for the benefit of their patients. The Regional Sales Specialist must demonstrate a strong commitment to mastering clinical applications to assist physician preference for treatment.
CORE APTITUDES REQUIRED:
- Proactive Problem Solving- Think critically about the business and our obstacles to success. Drive creative solutions while showing a high level of resourcefulness and creativity. Identify solutions, not just issues.
- Relationship Building- With distributors, surgeons, internal and external resources, and hospital/payor. Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in all interactions with customers and co-workers
- Technology Expertise/Education- Work to build a deep knowledge and understanding of the Orthofix Extremity Fixation portfolio and the competitive space. Deliver effective training to reps and surgeons.
- Distribution Optimization- Assist RVP to drive distribution optimization. Identify opportunities and help define pathway to improvement as directed by the RVP.
- Efficient Execution- Organized, proper prioritization, and follow through with urgency and with high accuracy
- Driving Sales Performance- Work with existing distributor network to review performance, identify opportunities, drive business planning and execution through a culture of accountability
- Measurement- Measure performance of Distributors and analyze opportunities for business development and revenue growth
- Leadership- Provide leadership with both internal and external customers to advance the Extremity Fixation sales strategy with a positive attitude and team support
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The Regional Sales Specialist is the front line representative of Orthofix to customers (distributors, surgeons, and hospitals alike) and the rest of the industry. As a result, the qualified candidate will be well trained (initially and ongoing) to best carry out an effective consultative sales effort as the go-to field expert; provide support for difficult or complex cases
- Continually develop technical and selling skills; demonstrate proficiency in technical knowledge of the Orthofix Extremity Fixation portfolio and the orthopedic market
- Research trends, leading developments, technology, and surgical techniques to create effective sales training strategies
- Call on physician offices and hospital accounts for the promotion and support of Extremity Fixation sales in partnership with other Orthofix sales divisions
- Develop and implement business plans to achieve or exceed Extremity Fixation sales quotas
- Participate in workshops, trade shows, sales meetings and company scheduled meetings
- Conduct educational programs to advance representative and clinician learning such as evening speaker events or an in office/hospital in-service; Support Grand Rounds, Journal Clubs, Speaker Programs, and Regional Society Meetings
- Provide exceptional customer service pre and post-sale
- Build strong relationships with field sales management, marketing, and Medical Education internal partners to effectively influence sales plans and strategies
- Execute directions and fulfill requests at the direction of the RVP
- Attend and fulfill all home office and online training modules
- Be accountable for all record keeping in accordance with company policy
- Must Adhere to Orthofix Integrity Advantage compliance guidelines and be a champion for compliance
What skills you'll need?
- At least 2 years extremity sales experience with documented success
- Accredited sales training preferred
- Demonstrate a high level of competitiveness and desire to succeed
- A bachelor's degree preferred with an ability to articulate, depth of thought, good judgment and decision making
- A proven ability to present to individuals or larger groups
- An exceptional level of technical competence with regard to product knowledge and use
- A proven ability to effectively manage multiple activities
- A proven ability to effectively sell in a changing environment
- Open to coaching, ongoing development, and constructive criticism
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Sufficient computer skills to communicate through and present material to others with computer-based applications (email, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Operates with a high degree of integrity
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel required within territory by plane, car, etc. about 80%. If traveling by car a valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.