|Requisition ID||2022-11474||# of Openings Remaining||1||Position Type||Regular Full-Time||Additional Locations||US-MA-Boston | US-MA-Billerica | US-GA-Atlanta|
Cabot is looking for a Category Sourcing Manager focused on capital projects to join their team! This person will negotiate large volume contracts at local, regional or global level related to a specific portfolio of goods and services. They will develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures for assigned capital porject portfolio. They may also provide guidance and/or direct management to purchasing staff within a region. Ideally this person will be located close to one of our offices in Alpharetta GA, Billerica MA, or Boston MA working a hybrid schedule.
* Develops and implements purchasing strategies that incorporates contracts, purchasing tools and supplier management techniques. Partners with others to identify opportunities, aggregate and standardize goods and services as required to leverage purchasing power and optimize working capital. Develops strategy, selects appropriate purchasing tools and validates with users.
* Selects suppliers and negotiates large volume contracts for assigned portfolio of goods and services. Contracts can be negotiated at local, regional or global level.
* Communicates, implements and executes purchasing strategies, policies and procedures. Shares information and supports "best practice" sharing within Purchasing and ensures interface and communication with inter-related Cabot groups.
* Ensures the development and review of market intelligence for assigned portfolio of goods and services.
* Assembles, participates and may lead cross-functional user teams to identify internal requirements, promote functional need definition, and validate strategies.
* May manage or lead Purchasing staff within a region. Effectively practices Performance Based Management by coaching and developing employees, direct as well as matrix reports, and assuring effective alignment with the matrix functions. May provide input to development of department budgets.
* Reviews reports and trend analyses related to commodity specific spending and current status vs. goals. Recommends and implements changes to achieve cost reductions and efficiencies.
* Ensure compliance with Purchasing Ethics, Sarbanes-Oxley 404, ISO and Corporate Standards, Values, audit rules, laws, etc.
* Builds and maintains positive business relationships with suppliers and users.
* Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001 technical specification, as applicable to the site/region
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. Purchasing certification or equivalent required.
* 8-10 years industry-related purchasing experience
* Strong knowledge of Purchasing profession within multinational industry. Strong understanding of contract language terms and conditions as well as contract design. Understanding of marketplace relating to a particular portfolio of goods and services. Solid understanding of business issues and financial principles.
* Computer skills; knowledge of office and purchasing applications. Full understanding of purchasing and inventory systems and interfaces with Finance, project, job costing, planning and forecasting.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing, in local language as well as English. Ability to articulate ideas convincingly, negotiate contracts and solutions to complex problems. Ability to provide feedback and direction to others. Ability to make presentations and address varied audiences.
* Leadership skills. Ability to motivate and engage team members. Problem solving and decision making skills
How We'll Support Your Success:
* Dynamic, Flexible, Hard Working, Team Environment - We are busy, collaborative, growing, and we are doing really meaningful work.
* Growth - One of our goals is to build the best sales operation in the biogas world. Great training, great peer coaching and support, and the ability to personally grow your influence, your position, and your compensation.
* Remote Work Environment - The autonomy to own customer relationships, manage your schedule, and determine your own success.
* Benefits, Vacation, Etc. - We offer a competitive package of benefits.
* Feedback - we are committed to giving and receiving feedback in a direct and open fashion.
* Support - you are part of a team and deserve to feel encouraged and supported. You will be part of a team that cares about you personally and professionally. Our success depends on your success.